Confessions From A Personal Trainer: The Answer Was Right in Front of Me
True Confession Tuesday:
Where every Tuesday: I confess.
Confession: I’ve had the answer for almost 2 years.
I joined a business networking group about 7 months ago and ever since then this question has been haunting me “What do you do?”
Really? How hard can it be to answer the question “What do you do?”
Well, you see, I do a lot of things.
- I write (True Confession Tuesday and more)
- I work with clients in a personal training capacity (at the gym)
- I fundraise through charity work outs
- I have a podcast (awesome new development in 2016)
- I coach clients in a 1-1 or group setting for life coaching
- And I’m sure there’s more
It doesn’t seem to tie up in a nice, pretty bow that is easy to understand and easy to tell people. I went on a walk today because it was FINALLY warm enough to get enough without the wind hurting your face and the answer suddenly occurred to me.
When I started my business I hired Rachel Greenhouse for branding and website design. I was a complete newbie at branding and she asked me that same question “What do you do?”
SERIOUSLY – THAT QUESTION AGAIN??????
I managed to verbal diarrhea all over her in hopes she could piece it all together for me. And she did. Beautifully. I’ve had such a wonderful business slogan for almost 2 years, but it wasn’t until now did I realize how perfectly it represents what I do.
I want to expand on it a little bit here.
Engage Your Mind
I have always felt like my style of personal training was different from other trainers. I love working with clients on behavior change, positive mindset, food choices, learning to respect your body, sorting out stress, making a lifestyle plan and so much more.
The best success comes when you incorporate mindset into your training. This is also why I love life coaching.
Life coaching is goal and action driven with more intense work on mindset. What are your blocks? What do you actually want? How are you going to get there? What help do you need?
I see most clients (and myself) have a hard time with this part. But (in my opinion) it can be the most impactful.
Strengthen Your Muscle
I have been working on the strengthening of muscles for a long time. I firmly believe strength training should be a VITAL part of everyone’s lifestyle and fitness routine. We need strong bodies to carry around our minds.
I don’t know about you- but I want to be around a long time. And we need strong bodies to do that.
This is where the magic happens. It’s hard to experience movement in your life just by THINKING about things. You also can’t get STRONG without actually working. But when you put the two together, you can experience MOVEMENT.
- All kinds of movement
This can happen every day. Big changes in life happen because of small, incremental baby steps done every day.
I still don’t have it down to succinct pretty sentence or “elevator pitch” but I am starting to realize that all of those pieces are really important in how I work.
I had been working with a client in the gym very consistently for several months when he said “I feel stuck.”
Long story short, we decided we would keep doing personal training, but that some life coaching would be beneficial. I gave him a couple of options.
- Keep life coaching separate from personal training and hire a different life coach
- Keep life coaching separate from personal training but hire me as the life coach
We went with option 2. I had never done separate life coaching with a personal training client and it is working out so well.
Having the time and the separate space for life coaching has been a wonderful way to work on all facets of life, not just the physical.
I am able to incorporate my business slogan into action.
Engage Your Mind – (Life Coaching)
Strengthen Your Muscle – (Personal Training)
Experience Movement – (Becoming “Unstuck”)
I have been thinking for a long time “Why am I not using this model more often?”
I want to offer you the opportunity to put all of the components together.
Experience Movement Offer
This is a one month intensive kickstart combining personal training and life coaching. It’s a great way to get going in the New Year, sort through your goals and dreams and shake that feeling of being “stuck.”
- 4 (1 hour or 8 half hour) Personal Training Sessions
- 2 Life Coaching Sessions
- $375 Special until January 31st (Regular price – $550)
Let’s DO THIS. Get Started Now. PURCHASE HERE!
Need more info???
- I don’t live in Minneapolis (or Relative Strength is not close to me)
- Never fear! We can do phone, Skype, strategizing sessions, work out plans, or you can shift some sessions into more life coaching. We will make it fit your life.
- I don’t really think I would like life coaching.
- Have you tried it? I have never worked with someone who did not find life coaching beneficial and even ENJOYABLE! There’s something really special about having someone listen openly and help you sort through your life and keep you accountable to your actions and goals.
- Who is this for?
- Truly anyone. YOU, your neighbor, your child, your family member or anyone who wants to have some support while making life changes mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Do I really have to do it all in 1 month? I want to spread out the sessions?
- YES. You really do have to complete the sessions in a month. It’s the best way to jump start and get you going.
Ready to get “Unstuck?”
I’m ready – ARE YOU???
I couldn’t be more excited to start living out my business slogan that was designed because Rachel could see me and “what I do” better than I could.
Will you join me???
Don’t forget to head over to the PARTICIPATE page for all upcoming events including work outs, group classes, book clubs, and more.
If you enjoy the blog and would like to receive them directly to your email, along with education, event announcements and more – join us on the email list.
If you are local to Minneapolis and would like event announcements as well as blogs, click HERE and if you are not and would only like the blog and education click HERE.
Leave a Comment