Confessions From A Personal Trainer: I Want To Eat All The Cookies
True Confession Tuesday:
Where every Tuesday: I confess.
Confession: I really just want to stay home and eat cookies.
Anyone else? Just me??
I have really been feeling like I would be so happy to wear my sweatpants and big hoodie, bake a huge pile of cookies (maybe also add ice cream), stay home, binge on tv and avoid work and other life commitments.
This can’t just be me.
(This is my favorite graphic – would love to give credit where credit is due – but not sure where or from whom it originated).
The good news is it’s not just me and it’s not just you. If you live here in the midwest, we haven’t seen the sun for awhile, we had a big cold (way below zero) freeze followed by snow, then a thaw, and soon to be more snow. But there’s one constant – the SUN IS MISSING.
Plus it’s that time of year. The days are short, it’s gloomy and summer (heck – even spring) feels a long way away.
I have done all of the above things – just not all in one sitting.
I’m wearing my sweatpants and big hoodie as I write this. I baked cookies last night (but they are out of the house now), I have stayed home a lot, I don’t really watch a lot of tv so binge watching hasn’t happened and I have avoided work.
I don’t feel bad but I’m also not avoiding the feelings. It’s easy to say “I’m fine” or “Things are going good” when people ask “How are you doing?” That does us no favors and it really disengages us from our feelings.
Try this out. “How are you?”
“Well, I’ve been in a little bit of a funk. The sun hasn’t been out, I don’t feel very motivated and I’m having a hard time not eating all the cookies I can find.”
Much more honest and refreshing to hear. I have actually said that to a few people (maybe not the stranger in line in front of you at Target). The best part – they agree and many are feeling the same way.
It’s okay to honor the season we’re in and to feel the way we feel. But it’s not okay to stay there and wallow.
Instead, try being honest with people around you about how you’re feeling, but also brainstorm some ideas to get you out of the funk. Because as we learned in last Friday’s email – ACTION is the cure for almost everything.
I spent a little time thinking about what I could do that would make me feel better while still wearing sweatpants and staying home. Most of what I came up with had to do with decluttering, cleaning out, donating and organizing.
Such great activities for this season of the year. Purging and donating clothes that don’t fit me right anymore, going through junk drawers of “STUFF,” dusting off shelves, putting the holiday decorations away and clearing space.
Clearing space to make way for new ideas, new thought patterns, clarity, and so MUCH MORE. It also brings about a sense of calm and freedom.
I would love to know from you.
- Are you in a funk like me?
- Are you feeling awesome right now?? – Please share if you are!
- What are you going to do to get out of your funk??
Phew. You know what else feels good? Honesty.
It feels good to tell people that it’s not all rainbows and butterflies (or chocolate chip cookies). It’s ok to be honest about being in a funk, but it’s so important to share your plan with others.
If you are in need of some assistance to get out of your funk – I am always here to help.
Reminder that my EXPERIENCE MOVEMENT offer is valid until January 31st when the price will go up. Check out all the details below.
Experience Movement Offer
This is a one month intensive kickstart combining personal training and life coaching. It’s a great way to get going in the New Year, sort through your goals and dreams and shake that feeling of being “stuck.”
- 4 (1 hour or 8 half hour) Personal Training Sessions
- 2 Life Coaching Sessions
- $375 Special until January 31st (Regular price – $550)
Let’s DO THIS. Get Started Now. PURCHASE HERE!
Need more info???
- I don’t live in Minneapolis (or Relative Strength is not close to me)
- Never fear! We can do phone, Skype, strategizing sessions, work out plans, or you can shift some sessions into more life coaching. We will make it fit your life.
- I don’t really think I would like life coaching.
- Have you tried it? I have never worked with someone who did not find life coaching beneficial and even ENJOYABLE! There’s something really special about having someone listen openly and help you sort through your life and keep you accountable to your actions and goals.
- Who is this for?
- Truly anyone. YOU, your neighbor, your child, your family member or anyone who wants to have some support while making life changes mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Do I really have to do it all in 1 month? I want to spread out the sessions?
- YES. You really do have to complete the sessions in a month. It’s the best way to jump start and get you going.
Ready to get “Unstuck?”
I’m ready – ARE YOU???
Don’t forget to head over to the PARTICIPATE page for all upcoming events including work outs, group classes, book clubs, and more.
If you enjoy the blog and would like to receive them directly to your email, along with education, event announcements and more – join us on the email list.
If you are local to Minneapolis and would like event announcements as well as blogs, click HERE and if you are not and would only like the blog and education click HERE.
Leave a Comment